MongoDB - Please refer to MongoDB’s website for instructions on how to download and setup their official driver: MongoDB ODBC driver page
RStudio Professional Drivers - RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, or Shiny Server Pro users can download and use RStudio Professional Drivers at no additional charge. These drivers include an ODBC connector for Apache Impala. RStudio delivers standards-based, supported, professional ODBC drivers. Use RStudio Professional Drivers when you run R or Shiny with your production systems. See the RStudio Professional Drivers for more information.
odbc package, in combination with a driver, provides
DBI support and an ODBC connection.
There are settings needed to make a connection:
- Driver - See the Drivers section for setup information
- Server - Server path or name
- Port - Should be set to 27017
- Database - Name of the database you wish to connect to
- AuthMechanism - See this article from MongoDB for more information: Authentication Mechanisms
- UID - The user’s network ID or server local account
- PWD - The account’s password
con <- DBI::dbConnect( odbc::odbc(), Driver = "[your driver's name]", Server = "[your server's path or name]", Port = 27017, Database = "[your database's name]", AuthMechanism = "SCRAM-SHA-1", # <- Example, depends server's auth setup UID = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database user"), PWD = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database password") )