Amazon - The Amazon AWS website provides instructions on how to download and setup their driver: Configure an ODBC Connection
RStudio Professional Drivers - RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, or Shiny Server Pro users can download and use RStudio Professional Drivers at no additional charge. These drivers include an ODBC connector for Redshift databases. RStudio delivers standards-based, supported, professional ODBC drivers. Use RStudio Professional Drivers when you run R or Shiny with your production systems. See the RStudio Professional Drivers for more information.
odbc package, in combination with a driver, provides
DBI support and an ODBC connection.
There are six settings needed to make a connection:
- Driver - See the Drivers section for setup information
- servername - A network path to the database server
- database - The name of the schema
- UID - The user’s network ID or server local account
- PWD - The account’s password
- Port - Should be set to 5439
con <- DBI::dbConnect(odbc::odbc(), Driver = "[your driver's name]", servername = "[your server's path]", database = "[your database's name]", UID = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database user"), PWD = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database password"), Port = 5439)